Login to:

• View Attachments and Other Features
  • Post Topics
  • Reply to Posts
  • Access the "Give Away of the Day" - Below the Shoutbox
  • Share tips and good company

Login          Register

gmhCafe Shoutbox

Author Topic: Binaural beats explained.  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Glenn

• Alpha Wolf (when she's not around...lol)
  • The Crew
  • Commited Poster
  • Music and Nature's Harmony
    • gmhCafe
Binaural beats explained.
« on: January 25, 2013, 02:30:36 AM »
Greetings all.  :)

I'm pleased to announce a new addition to gmhCafe, as a matter of personal interest, and hope you'll share in this interest for enhancing our personal well being.

Binaural beats, are gentle 'pulses' created by the difference of two similar, but not identical frequencies.
These 'beats' are something we create naturally at various times and in various situations.
Full explanation and binaural beat sample here:  http://www.gmhcafe.ca/bbc/binauralbeatscafe.html

We can utilize the knowledge of what these binaural beats can do for us, and how to use them to our advantage, from a 'healthy living' stand point.

For example, if you've
- felt tired for hours after you've woke up from a long sleep,
- been stressed out after a long day of work, and need to 'chill' and relax,
- need to stay alert,
- like to find an enhanced tool to help aid meditation
- needed a way to fall asleep and stay asleep
these are just a few things that 'binaural beats' may help you with... and much more!

learn more, listen to samples,

and get Free Downloads

Visit our "Binaural Beats Cafe" on our main site.

http://www.gmhcafe.ca/bbc/binauralbeatscafe.html

I'd appreciate and look forward to your comments, once you've heard any of the selections that I've posted in the Binaural Beats Cafe.

I'll have explanations about each selection as I post them, and additional info sharing could be done here, through various topics, as they arise.
I certainly don't claim to be an expert in this field, but I'm willing to explore it as we go, in the spirit of sharing, and learning.

Glenn

Old Eastern saying "Man who run in front of car, - get tired .... man who run behind car, get exhausted"
I like to ride IN cars, it's less tiring and less exhausting :)

Offline Glenn

• The Crew
  • Commited Poster
    • gmhCafe
Re: Binaural beats explained.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:21:58 AM »
The question came up, and I thought I'd post it and try to answer it here..  8)

Q:" Hi Glenn. I'm liking the new Binaural beats thread a lot but, I'm working on using a didgereedoo and I wondered just how close to the theory behind binaural beats is the music of the didgereedoo? I'd love to be able to have some more learning but can't find any on the net. Can you help in any way?  "

That's a great question, and I'll try to answer it the best I can.  8)

I would say that while the didgereedoo (and other musical instruments) can and have been used as a 'tool' to enhance meditative states ... or simply to relax,

Binaural beats are 'different' and unique in that a binaural beat is 'created' in the MIND of the listener... not in the 'air'.   I spose I didn't make that abundantly clear in the previous post, so I thought I'd clarify it here.

if you go to the following link, you can listen to how a binaural beat is created...and you can create them yourself if you know how. Pure tones or sine waves are often used to create the frequencies, and it's the varying 'precise' frequency that induces or enhances the effect they'll have on a given brain state.  Eg, Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma areas are accessed via binaural beats.

HOW DO BINAURAL BEATS WORK?

Listen to a Binaural beat being created here:
http://www.gmhcafe.ca/bbc/binauralbeatscafe.html
It's the first player you see, near the top half of the page, that says 'binaural beats explained'..  2min 35 sec .  You need headphones to help you hear the beats.

You'll hear, how a beat is not created until there is a steady tone in one ear, with another SEPARATE steady tone in the other ear.. but the two tones are slightly at a different frequency.. and a binaural beat is created by the mind, which can help with sleep or meditation, or rebalance your sodium levels, relieve headaches, treat ADD and ADHD, etc etc.  It's a very deep science really, as I'm discovering.  We'll feature these 'tailor made' or custom beats as we go.

The function of the ''music'' or an accompanying instrument is simply to give the mind something else to focus on - so you don't just hear the binaural part, ... hence putting music in with it seems to help make the experience more pleasant, while not interfering with the work the binaural beats do.  That is cool!   8)

I hope this helps.
 8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:26:22 AM by Glenn »
Old Eastern saying "Man who run in front of car, - get tired .... man who run behind car, get exhausted"

Offline Agradeleous

• Posting Freak
  • Nature's Friend
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »
First think I thought when you started the tones in the explanation was of Buddhist monks and mediation then of coarse you covered the uses . LOL  might I ask the song gift of sleep is great .... Let me PM you :)

Offline Enchantress

• Frequent Poster
  • Thought is Manifestation
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »

My visions ..this is how I feel..I do not know the proper terms one would use to describe the techniques etc used to create such wonderful music..but I can tell you how it 'feels' and what I See....

Binaural Beats..Healing Time Part 1

Heaven, Glorious, Music of the Angelic Beings.

You have Created a Spell Binding piece of Music, which is a deep Reflection of a True Spiritual Being. You are a True Creature of The Mother.

I find Part 1 very Celestial, it resonates on a deep level with me.
I see Visions of the Universe, alive, Pinks and Violet Hues , sparks of White...I hear shell wind chimes, fluttering in a soft afternoon breeze..I see Fairies flying over a moon lite pond mid-summer...Hear the Willows singing as their branches bend an drift along the streams edge..

fading now...

Healing time: Part 2

A deeper tone now..Heart chakra..teal/green..Earth tones..plants, soil, walking in the grass, bare feet, feeling the Earth between your toes..fading to singularity..back out now, tones at different ends of the spectrum, fading to center..deep in the woods now...dusk, a clearing is ahead, moon beams are pour threw the opening in the trees..moonlight reflecting over the meadow, standing in the center, twirling arms raised..concentrated energy, from the core of my body..heavy chakra tone..vibrating chest..rippling threw my being..background music..it there, but very subdued...tones..chanting...reflexting out now..going deeper, ancient healing..singularity tones once again..bringing you deeper..

Healing time part 3

Tribal..Earth/celestial meet..humm..very low base tones now...this is not resonating with me as well..but that may be do to a blockage in my chakra at base level..(back pain)..I should listen to this piece more as to clear the chakra, this is how you can tell where a block is, by listening to how your body/spirit respond to a piece of vibrational music..
I hear a child singing...:/..humm..a feminine tone, almost words..interesting..Angelic again...Glenn this is very beautiful..thank you.
Oh a bell, nice...excellent:)...very low vibration, celestial bells ..very beautiful contrast.., back to deep vibrational singularity, lovely..my spine is vibrating..I feel it on my hurt area...wow very nice(what a change from my thought..

Healing Time Part 4;

OOooooOOOO...hummm..female celestial singing.. violet spiral light.................scales of red to purple, up and down..Angelic..see the ocean, teals and purple hues...waves, standing on a high cliff, looking out over the ocean, feeling the wind on my face..enchanting.hightones polar opposite tones in the background, deep vibration in front, many layers of music, tones, vibrations..deep deep deeper..roots coming from your feet growing into The Mother, Eastern indian tones..hindu , sitar ...DMT awakening..fragmented tones, but unified all at the same time..stimulating.echo, mirroring .....you are Blessed, you See. You Are.

Thank you Deity for Blessing Glenn with this Gift of Healing...A healing threw your heart and passion. Thank you Glenn for all the Time and Enrgy you put forth into all your music..We are the gracious receivers of these gifts. Thank you from the deepths of my Soul..and Maureen you are not forgotten in the least, as without you doing your magic behind the scenes only You would be prive to this Gift, So thank you as well, for sharing.

Blessings

Blessed Be

Offline Maureen

• The Crew
  • Commited Poster
  • The casual gardener
    • Music and Nature Recordings
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 07:48:50 PM »
Enchantress ... thank you for your wonderful feedback of the "Healing Time" pieces.   :)
Maureen

Offline Glenn

• The Crew
  • Commited Poster
    • gmhCafe
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:41:15 PM »
Indeed, thank you for the woderful feedback.
 8)

Offline NewNorthernGal

• Frequent Poster
  • Retired and moved to a rural home.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
Very relaxing - thankyou for the free download.   :)
NNG

Offline Glenn

• The Crew
  • Commited Poster
    • gmhCafe
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »
Very relaxing - thankyou for the free download.   :)
NNG

Hey NNG, glad it helps you relax - you're most welcome for the download - "Free" for now!
 8)